Gmac mortgage

Let it be known up front that I have paid my mortgage on time for 9 years. This year I have dealt with gmac so much that they have exhausted me to the point of no fight.

gmac stole $3500 out of my bank account, I insisted they pay back the money that they stole and now with my refi in the balance gmac is choosing to continue to steal from me. gmac is to blame for all the confusion, all the frustration and all the exhaustion. where do i turn to get my due justice? is it possible that gmac has consumers by the short hairs?

is it possible that gmac can steal right out of you bank account and not be held accountable? gmac wants me to be accountable for what they consider to be my responsiblity..really gmac sucks!

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Dec 29, 2010.

GMAC Mortgage - Monthly harrassing phone calls when not late

GMAC complaints about mortgage being late when it is within 15 days of due date.This being continued for every month. They even delay posting the processing date of the mortgage.

GMAC wants to access the account of the mortgagee so they can deduct any sum any time from the mortgagee's account. This is being done to a 87 yrs old lady. Prepaying early will not solve the issue because GMAC will post it to your principle and still be late.

This calls continue for several days and if someone answers they threaten with late fees. The account is being processed by BILL Pay from one of the major banks.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Dec 28, 2010.

Comments

We recently refinanced with our credit union and the mortgage was sold to GMAC. After waiting a month to hear from them we called and were told a statement would be sent so we could pay the mortgage.

What they actually tried to do was to have us give them our banking account number so they could deduct. We wait another month for a statement, any statement, then get a gorilla call from their collection agency who demand payment even though we haven't yet been given an account number or any documentation. They try to sell the auto deduct wheeze. We call GMAC and are told we should not have been contacted.

Two days later we get a statement. Since that time we haven't received another statement. We call GMAC again and are told we are not signed up to get statements even though we specifically asked to be so in an earlier phone call. Got a document in the mail today from GMAC and thought it was (finally) our January statement.

Get this -- it's a letter notifying us that our mortgage has been sold to Ally Bank. Have never dealt with a company as incompetently run --they make it almost impossible to pay them.

Will be exploring other financing options. At this point, I'd rather pay more just to not have to deal with these corrupt clowns.

GMAC Mortgage - Over 4 years in loan mod. test program,Mtg. up 56k in fees

I'm a retired Military veteran having served my country for 33 years. My mortgage was bought by homecomming fin.

in 2003. Since 2006 I have been entered into a total of 10 test programs ranging from 4 to 6 mo. each. I have satisfied every financial test payments ranging from 1295.00 to 2000.00 a month and my mortgage total has gone from 151,000.00 to 205,000.00 in penalties and intrest.

gmac obviously wants another house in Michigan and lose more money on a quick-sale.HELP. bjcg I'm currently (as of yesterday 03-12-2010 being considered for another evaluation, and have 15 days to submitt yet another financial pkg. and test program, and in the meantime I get charged 9.5% intrest on my loan and get charged more penalty fees.

Where's the law and justice.I obviously am one of thousands that have been or are being screwed by this company. HELP.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Dec 04, 2010.

#242056

GMAC is one of the most incompetent, disgraceful, unreputtable company I have ever dealt with. They are a bunch of indian liars because that is all they hire to do their dirty work. You don't understand half of what the representative ask you and when you explain something to them they keep transferring you around the place.

I am the right one they are dealing with.

gmac mortgage

I have a primary mortgage with gmac I have never been late or skipped any payment in over 20 years.I owe 39k on this mortgage,and also had a HELOC with a 75K limit.I have never owed more than 6k on my HELOC and have always paid it back on time also.In aug I recd'd a letter suspending my fuul line of credit claiming due to falling homevalues,the value of my home no longer can support my line of credit.Do the math,GMAC mortgage is run by a bunch of idiots!They won't even give me the name of the pres or vp in their organization.I have secured another HELOC from another bank with a 50k limit.I only hope when GMAC goes "belly up"that they expect a bialout with my tax dollars!

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Nov 08, 2009.

GMAC Mortgage - Why is GMAC using a off shore collection company

GM Corp still owns 49 percent of GMAC, My question is why is GMAC using a offshore collection division to collect late car loans, When GM accepted US Dollars in the federal bailout, In my opinion they should be putting US people back to work, and not supporting a foreign goverment, Voice your support to Congress. It's our TAX DOLLARS that bailed them out.

Go to any search engine on the web and look at the number of jobs cut by GMAC in the US and the number of property foreclosures that are filed by GMAC. Put Americans back to work.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Oct 07, 2009.

GMAC Mortgage - Loan modification nightmare!!

I have been trying to work with GMAC to get a loan modification after losing my job. Two months later they keep giving me the run around.

They claim they are missing information that I have now faxed 4x. The rep today told me that they don't have a time limit to finish the loan modification and that I should put the house for sale. I told her I just wanted someone to send me a quick confirmation that they received the fax I was sending AGAIN at that very moment.

She said they are working on over 10,000 loan modifications and could not take the time to do that although she had already been on the phone with me for over 30mins. Confirming a fax a would only take a couple mins max but instead I have to wait another 14 days!!!

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Apr 29, 2009.

Comments

I have one for you..I contacted GMAC to see if I qualified for a loan modification. I had tried to sell my home prior to buying a new one, but that didn't happen. So to help ease some of the pain of paying 2 mortgages, I had hoped to get my payments reduced to interest only to give me time to sell the house on my own. Mind you, I had not been delinquent on my loan even once in 4 years.

On 8/23 I filled out the info on-line and sent the preliminary paperwork. The only point of contact was on 8/26 when my realtor received an email from Kazork.com regarding a short sale.

I immediately contacted GMAC and told them I didn't want to do a short sale, I was only interested in a remodification. "Andrea" told me I didn't qualify for that. So, I told her - forget the short sale. I no longer wanted to proceed with anything.

End of story? Of course not, this is GMAC we are talking about! My next statement showed GMAC charged my account $105. Unfortunately, when I called them to find out what the fee was they said that I would have to receive a "letter of explanation", because "Paul" didn't know what it was for.

When the letter was received - about a week and half later, it said the charge was for a drive-by "Broker's Price Opinion". Let me tell you this, I live in the boonies - you can't tell me that they were able to schedule a drive-by in the short amount of time prior to my cancellation of this whole process.

Again, end of story? Heck no! I had received a letter on GMAC letterhead again refering to the short sale. This time it had a name and phone number on it so I called them. It wasn't GMAC, it was a guy over at Kazork.com who told me that my house was being sold on their website for several weeks and they finally removed the listing on 8/31. WHAT IF THEY HAD SOLD MY HOUSE!

Two things to remember here, 1) I was never delinquent and 2) no one ever contacted me from GMAC during this whole process. If I hadn't been calling them to find out what the heck they were doing, there is no telling where I would be now.

To finish the story - I have calls into any supervisor who can credit me back the $105 plus the cost of all the aspirin I have had to take in doing business with these people).

Submitted ppw 4times already. 1st, Too little money (Denied!).

2nd Sat there, no one ever founf it in the black hole. 3rd New rep assigned, make too much money. 4th Im in the process and still the run around continues (been almost a year, takes about 3months each time before they return denied). Too little , too much...

GMAC is not here to help.

I contacted an outside party for help, they think (this is speculation), that bcz im not upside down in my equity, GMAC makes more money if they forcl since im in "pretty good shape", and why help me since its Hardship was loss of income -to which bank expects us to catch up in months or die trying. Either way, bank will make money.

I tried to get a loan modification after I lost my job. Used all my savings to keep up on my house payment.

Modification denied.

I got a call demanding my Sept payment which was due on the first.....the loan officer Lao #31590 is sitting in the Phillapines telling me if I want to keep my house, I need to make a payment today. Does anyone wonder why the folks in the USA are without work?

I'm 3 months behind and gmac won't modify my mortgage they call pre-foreclosure I pay regular payment each month but don't have the money to catch it up. I was in between jobs and got behind.

I'm back working now but just want too roll past due back in refinance/modify whatever at lower rate I'm at 8.2 now. Help!

A. RIZZO

What a lot of homeowners don't realize is that their lender is not in the business to help them. (i.e.

by granting a loan modification they lose money - hence, they will do everything they can to deny a homeowner, even if they qualify.) This is why many homeowners are unable to obtain the modifications on their own and end up needing to get outside help.

At NMHC, we have helped hundreds of homeowners get their mortgage modifications; some as low as 2 and 3%. To see if you qualify, please feel free to contact us at 1-800-445-6365.

We may be able to help. We currently have lawsuits going against the 6 largest lenders in the US.

BofA, Chase, Wells Fargo, One West, GMAC & Citi. We have filed mass joiner lawsuits against them all. And just like with big tobacco the government is going to give the banks a free pass, and make them To Big To Sue!

So if you want to keep your home you'd better move quickly, because in most instances this is your only option! For questions and additional information call Cory 866-781-0725

Just lost my home of 23 years on January 20, 2011 to GMAC. They put us through *** and stole our home. Something needs to be done about this fraudulant company.

We are piloting a new website, Your Bank Did What.com, a community portal focusing on all aspects of the current mortgage banking crisis. We are currently looking for mortgage bank experiences that are compelling and informative to our goals. We would like to include it on our site and FREE legal advice maybe offered. Also, if you know of others who might be interested in submitting their stories, please forward this email to them.

We invite you to send your story to:

frankiekfoster@gmail.com

Moderator/Web Content*

(*I too have been trying to get a loan mod for 3 years)

Your Bank Did What.com

Los Angeles, CA 90045

GMAC are crooks, I have been dealingwith them for 4 months and they keep asking for the same paper work over and over and over again, well they can have the dam house and stick it where the toiletpaper goes, immoving on and screw them with their scamming tactics, omeone needs to do something about them. By the way my home will have to be one of them all over the world empty because GMAC screwed me.Where is congress when u need them?

#220702

i have had no luck with gmac . i tried for the loan modifacation and they said we were denied over the phone with out any paper work is this legal?

#209192

We received our APPROVED GMAC loan modification documents today (11/08/10) from FedEx. The kicker is that, according to the paperwork, it must be received by GMAC by 11/08/10.

Yeah....right.

We called GMAC, got the runaround, and were told "not to worry about it". We immediately ran to the notary, and FedEx, and sent it back.

It won't arrive until 11/09/10. I am scared.

Wanted to update everyone on the GMAC nightmare. Seems there is no state or federal laws governing the loan modification program.

Yes that is correct they can do whatever they want when they want to.

Call your state Department of Labor and Economic Growth and they will inform you. Now in premediation foreclosure(another joke) Thanks Obama cant wait to lose my house.

GMAC is a joke when it comes to home modifications, they could care less about those of us trying to make it and pay our mortgages.. I tried too as my income has decreased a lot and of course I was denied, because I'm not in default???

I thought that's what I was trying to prevent with a modification???? Morons..GMAC mortgage is of NO HELP to homeowners!!!

Maybe our goverment should have put the money in the hands of the people so they could pay down their mortgages not in the hands of the banks as they caused the housing crisis to begin with..GMAC needs to be turned in for their unfair practices..I hope there is a class action suit filed against them as they would deserve it!!!!! I'd like to know how many people with GMAC morgages are losing their homes????

Anyone dealing with Chase, or any other bank needs to know the rules and guidelines for the modification they are applying for. No bank right now is efficient at granting modifications and it is a very long and trying process.

Many people disqualify themselves and will never be told by the banks that they don't qualify! Once you are informed you don't qualify don't quit the process entirely.

You need to arm yourself with the knowledge that you fit the guidelines and requirements for the modification you are seeking. You are fighting for your home, and information is your only weapon.

I have been helping frustrated homeowners since modifications were first put forth as an option for homeowners and can help you with specific questions and problems. If you have been denied or are thinking of giving up don't!

man_nichols@hotmail.com

I too am having problems with GMAC. I was one of the lucky ones or so I thought.

My trial period started on 8-1 of 2009. We completed the trial and was sent approval papers guaranting our payment of 486.29 for 5 yrs then it goes up 50.00 every 5 yrs 3 times. We have paid all of our payments on time and today I received a phone call stating my payment was now 910.00's a month. When i asked why and that we had a binding legal agreement this lady from the escrow department said our taxes went up and that we had a shortage in our escrow.

Our taxes and house insurance both went down substantially. When I explained that to her she said one minute she had to check figures. She came back and said nope you owe 910.00 a month. The worst part is that 910.00 is almost what we were paying to get the modification.

Imagine that. I called the HOPE hotline to get help. Gretchen did a 3 way call to them so we could get answers. To our surprise they lied more than once, transferred us to 7+ different departments and then finally just hung up on us.

After reviewing my statement from them for last year, none of the payments were ever credited to our account, no money was ever put in escrow, and they lied about no more fees according to Obama's plan. I see an attorney on Monday and may consider turning this into a class action lawsuit for misrepresentation and fraud.

Anyone else who would like to consider joining can email me at wknight23@gmail.com and I will let the attorney contact you. Good luck to all of you still trying, I hope you can save your houses as well.

Sincerely Peter Fuhr

GMAC is the worst "company" in the world to try and work with for a loan modification! My husband works 2 jobs , we have 2 children, and I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis and had a Stroke and was told that I have a blood mutation all on the same day last January, needless to say we have been put in quite a bind.

I used to work as well to help out with bills and whatever else. I can no longer work outside of the house due to my MS. My husband has gone through all the same stuff with "missing papers" and no returned phone calls, all of this has caused lots of stress on myself and most definitely on my husband. BTW he is a saint.

He has tried so many times to get GMAC to help us out, I think he may have given up, which really scares me horribly. what will we do?

we can hardly afford my medication and doctors visits let alone our other bills not to mention whatever GMAC has done to us now.........we need help!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry

GMAC is absolutely hands down the worst company to deal with when it comes to helping out out your fellow man!!!!! What happened to being helpful and kind to eachother and trying to make life easier for oneanother, This is not that Company!!

GMAC is the type of company that wants to exhaust you so you will give up and lose everything.....which I personally think is illegal and a complete scam!

PLEASE PLEASE SOMEONE HELP US ALL we are not getting a fair chance here! :cry

What horror stories! I hear them from homeowners of all lenders.

I left my position as an associate pastor to help homeowners during this crisis. But the loan modification business has such a terrible reputation! I opened an office under an outstanding company that has been in this business since 1986. American Loss Mitigation Agency has an A+ Better Business Bureau rating, so I'm pleased to associate with them.

My firm is American Loss Mitigation of Texas. 877-895-8727 No upfront fees. Free assessment of your eligibility and expected outcome. Our fees are paid through the programs, so no out-of-pocket expense.

But we consistently get quick results. Lenders know they can't buffalo us.

Please call me. I'd be pleased to hear your story and lend advice if nothing else.

I have been totally screwed over by my mortgage company GMAC! I wanted to apply for the Obama modification- told I could not because I was up to date with my mortgage-- so I didn't pay the mortgage for a month and a half so I would be eligible-- Ok- I filled out all the paperwork because I was evidentially now eligible for it because I was now past due.

I was put on a loan modification plan for 6 months-- I had been paying on regular payments $820.00 per month on the modification I paid $636.00. During this time I was to call in a payment each month. During these calls I was harassed by GMAC to pay my loan- each call I had to argue to be transferred to the loan modification department-- YES argue each time! After finally being transferred I would pay the amount.

No problem there. Then, three months in I receive an ACT91 foreclose notice- Yes I was ready to have a heart attack- called GMAC and again had to argue to get my modification department. Several times I had told them I felt they were incompetent because the left hand had absolutely no idea what the right hand was doing. They then tried to smooth things over.

I called trying to find out what was going on and was them told I owed $14,000.00 on my past due account and again had to argue to be transferred to the loan modification department. Once there I was told I had not been approved for the Obama Plan (no letter had been sent to me) but I was being reviewed for another type of loan, that I could breathe easier and a package would be sent to me. It was! I received another ACT91 packet!

Yes heart attack time again! I called again but this time I somehow managed to get into the correct department - maybe because I demanded the manager immediately. I was told I had been approved and owed a payment of $1456.00 on the 19th of March. I asked what the interest rate was I had been given and guess what!

It was the exact same percentage I had with the first loan! (6.125%) not one change. They person I had spoke to told me she would expedite my package and request a delayed payment-- but I have not heard a peep! I had expected it to be higher because they had put me into an escrow account- but to be that much more with no drop in percentage was ridiculous!

I spoke to a friend who had just retired from banking and he told me what they had done was illegal and I had to do something immediately. And that this was the new scam the mortgage companies were pulling on people. I have yet to receive a package. I am at witts end here.

I am trying to get everything taken care. I am a divorced low income mother. I do have a job and attending college to receive my degree. I tried to refinance all of my bills- (vehicle- credit cards and mortgage all in one bill- GMAC gave me the run around.

I am awaiting the "package" GMAC promised would arrive and I am considering reporting them for scamming consumers because I was promised that even if I did not receive the Obama plan I would still receive some type of a lower rate-- yeah right!

I am not upside down in my mortgage- - the mortgage was only $128,000.00 the property is worth at least--on the low end here $550,000.00 (current market comparable price)

I feel your pain, all of you. I was fortunate enough to find a company that is legitimate. Now I know that the banks the news and government say we shouldn’t go to any company that charges, that the banks will modify your loans for free. Well, how many of us on here have had our loans modified by the banks?

A lot have lost their homes, and lot more still will unless you do what’s necessary to save your homes from the banks. I went through what most of you have, I was there. Then I was referred to Corey Lassiter of Clear Image Financial Group. They saved my home.

I know I would have lost it if it wasn’t for him, Tasha, Denise and the rest of the people who work there. Got me caught up on my mortgage 1st & 2nd, lowered my interested rate & payment, and secured me a 50k principle reduction.

Before anyone else on here loses their homes you need to give them a call 877-940-1477 ext 231. Corey Lassiter. Don’t be afraid of hiring a loan modification company, be afraid of the banks, they are the ones who are taking our homes!

I know they get the job done. News and TV made me afraid to even consider a loan modification company because they are all scams and my lender will do it for free (wrong). There hasn't been not one story about a good company and when I tried to contact my local news channel they told me that my success story wasn't news (What!)

So, I am making it my mission to spread the word on this GREAT company!

The Wife of a Car Guy

I have been trying to get a home modification for 1 year this month. February 2009 is when I first started the process.

Sent in all my paperwork. Gave them everything they asked for on the first shot. EXACTLY what they needed. My packet could not have been more perfect.

I even have my husband's paystubs in a binder for the last 4 years. Yes I do. Every single one in perfect order so that I can look back every year to see what he made at that time in the previous years, him being on commission and all. That is how organized I am.

I gave them exactly, I really mean exactly what they asked for. I faxed them 85 pages. Then I call them in 10 days as requested from them. They claim I am missing so many documents.

That was a total lie. So I refaxed it all. 85 pages went again. Then again.

And Again. I finally overnighted all the exact same paperwork to them. They claimed they didn't get it even though I know FEDEX delivered it. So I kept faxing it.

What is wrong with them. How long do they think that line will last? I finally took a different approach. I said okay.

What else do you need? Gave it to them. Just kept giving it to them. Then all my documents according to some guy named Ahmed on 10/13/09 were coded wrong meaning the the actual reviewer had to do their job and look for them so he said he recoded all of the documents and put them back in the right order.

Whatever that means. Then they claimed once again I was missing more documents. LIARS. I sent them everything again.

Yes 85 pages. Seriously, the line was getting so old. I just expect it when I call now. They will give me some bogus lie and tell me something else that isn't true.

Finally on 1/14/10 I met a great rep, Pamela. She said everything is here. I am submitting your packet. I couldn't believe it.

When for the past 11 months it had been there all along. Well besides updating paystubs I was sending in all the exact same documents over and over and over again. So I called back on 1/20/10 okay not the 10 days but I had to know. They actually told me they had all my paperwork on the previous call.

Guess what? Now they claimed I didn't once again. You know why? Because the so called form 450T that they can send into the IRS to get a copy of your Tax Returns had been updated in October 09 had to be filled out again and sent in to them.

Really? It is the same form. This is just another stall tactic. Whatever.

I did it. Then I called on 1/26/10. Okay not the 10 days. But I had to know again.

Now they needed needed more paystubs (already gave) and new Profit and loss statements (already gave) hadn't changed. But I did it yes again. Now we are into February. I called today ground hog day.

Got the worst rep possible. Said that I needed to resend in my Hardship letter because they didn't have it. WHAT? Okay really because that is the first thing that I gave them.

WTF? Now I am getting so pissed off that it makes me sick to my stomach to even talk about it. She wouldn't let me speak. Kept talking over me.

Obviously hates her job really wish I could have thrown her some want ads because she needs a new job. Anyway I got so angry that I hung up because when I asked to speak to another rep she said call back because I'm not transfering you! WHAT? So getting to the best part.

I call back 4 times. They hang up on me every time I call back. Okay could have been an accident right? No freaking way.

So I get this guy names Samuel. Pretty cool dude. First thing I say is "Don't hang up on me" he's tries to ask me all the standard verify this verify that. I'm like as long as you aren't going to hang up on me and act like the last rep.

He says yeah must have been the chick sitting next to me. She's been yelling all day. Nice right. Anyway to make this horribly long story short(er), he says I see you have faxed in all those docs in the past however the reviewers are not going to search through the computer to find them.

They need to be a new fax. WHAT? Are you freaking kidding me. If you have the docs scanned in your *** computer LOOK at them.

NOPE. Not gonna happen he says. He totally just admitted to me they aren't doing their freaking jobs (the reviewers) His analogy was "It's like putting socks in the dryer. You may put 10 in and only get 8.5 back out.

Re-fax the hardship letter. And by the way we can't figure out how your husband gets paid (he's a New Car Manager at a Honda Store) so you should probably send in an explanation on how he gets paid." The YTD total isn't good enough for them I guess. Are you insane. How *** are these people that GMAC has working for them?

I have spent so many hours on the phone with these idiots nice and some not that it is ridiculous. First they are LIARS making your re-fax info they already have second they are LAZY for not looking up the docs they already have been faxed like 30 times and third they are THEIFS for stealing all of our tax paying money and not helping any of us. It should be CRIMINAL what they are doing. So I would like to be included in the Class Action Law Suit if ever one.

The only people getting MODS are the ones with mortgages under 150K. Pathetic. GMAC you should be ashamed of yourselves. You make me SICK.

Oh one last thing. NO MORE FOREBARANCE from GMAC. Yes you heard me right. Once your agreement is up you cannot renew it.

You cannot send them anymore money unless it is the total amount due. Once again Pathetic. All I can hope is that will light a fire under them to get my Modification complete. Seriously 1 year this month.

How sad is that? And they won't take a single payment unless it is the full amount due. No more payment plans. NICE.

They SUCK. And to the people who say just give up your house and walk away YOU SUCK. You obviously don't have 4 kids 2 with special needs and have done everything possible to get where you are and trying to stay afloat. And are not giving it up now because NO ONE is buying cars and no one has money because they are loosing their jobs and can't pay their bills.

At least my husband still has a job. My heart goes out to the ones who can't find jobs.

That rep today should be on that list. Okay I'm done with the rant.

I have been trying to get a loan modification thru GMAC since October. I would fax them all the documents and papers that they needed.

I would call weekly to make sure that they got everything which they would say "yes, its in review, allow 15 workign days". I would then call a week lettr to be told, that they now DONT HAVE MY documents that I was previously told they have, or that someone the info I sent to them was not scanned in correctly. This went on for 2 months, of them saying, they have everything and then they dont have everything and to refax ***..Some things I refaxed to them 5 times.

AFTER A LONG JOURNEY..THIS M F-ERS tell me that I AM DENIED, BECAUSE I cannot show AFFORDABILITY...Well HELLO..Isnt the OBAMA thing suppossed to lower your monthly payments so that you can afford it. BUNCH OF BS...Now I am forced to give up...I am not going thru this *** again so they can deny me again..they are in the businees to deny everyone..

We have been dealing with GMAC Mortgage for months now. Trying to not foreclose on our house.

We fax, we email, we re-fax, and re-e-mail, we cal, and call, and call, and call, and re-fax. All we get is the run-around, and no return calls. I guess that it is more profitable to forclose, and get governemnt money, than to keep home owners in their homes. I really just do not know what to do anymore.

Our house is set for sale in less than two week, and we are still getting the run-around on mod's, and programs. I guess that Myself, husband, 4 children, 6 dogs, and all my cats will be living on the street!

THANKS GMAC! getalong_little_doggie@yahoo.com

Been there just like all of you, as I've been trying to get a loan modification SINCE AUGUST 2009. Numerous faxes and unreturned calls and registered mailings, for essentially NOTHING.

IS ANYONE UP FOR A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT? Let us do something about this *** b/c I'm fairly certain what is happening is illegal.

The same thing has happened to us. In fact, what they are doing has to be illegal!

We applied for a modification in May when my husband lost his job. We kept telling them we would only be able to keep up our payments for a couple of more months and we desperately needed help! We submitted the hardship affidavit along with the other info they requested. We made our payments until July and then just could not manage it anymore.

We kept getting letters from them telling us they needed a financial hardship affidavit, plus tax forms, etc. We sent them the same info 5 times!!! Finally, they told us we didn't have enough income to qualify for help (I thought that was the whole idea behind a modification). They told us we should sell the house and if necessary, short sell and send to them for review, which is what we had to end up doing.

After two months, the realtor was still getting the runaround, GMAC told him they had 2 mos. to make a decision, which was 12/5. When he called them back he was told they were nowhere near done processing it. In the meantime, they have started foreclosure.

Anytime after the end of Jan, they can sell the house. It has to be illegal for then to foreclose when we have a sale!! Why not approve the sale? That makes no sense!!!!

We were forced into bankruptcy just to stop the foreclosure. Our realtor even said GMAC is the worst and he will never do another short sale involving them. We want to sue but don't know who to contact.

Anybody have any ideas? Thanks

i also have a home loan with them. they talk to you like *** and don't want to help me stay in my house.

they gave me a high payment to pay as a trail for 3 months. i told them that was higher than i paid before i lost half of my income.she tells me they are going by the US Treasury calculations for modification and i either pay that amount or do a short sale.Thanks for your help GMAC.

I am having huge problems with GMAC. I got laid off and called for help.

GMAC assured me if went thru there trial period and made all payments on time they would rewrite my loan and lower my payments with a loan modification at a better interest rate. I felt good about the plan. As soon as they could they opened an escrow acct. and paid my insurance and taxes, without my knowlege.

I still felt good about the whole thing. Until I made all payments on time and went back to work. GMAC sent me a package to fill out for the modification to my loan. Ten days later I got collection call from the collection dept.

at GMAC. No letter no nothing, just a call telling me my payment went up by $500.00 a month and I also owed $6000.00 for the escrow they paid without my permision, and they wanted it in 6 days. Keep in mind there has been NO written anything from GMAC at this point and they informed me that my modification was turned down because my income was not high enough. So my payment went from $700.69 a month to $1267.00 a month and an additional $5000.00 plus, due in 6 days.

My hardship went from hard to impossible. What am I going to do? If anyone has any suggestions please set me know. troythrifty@yahoo.com

Thanks GMAC for making it impossibe to keep my house, I guess you must really want it.

You must be in the home investment business now that you got all our hard earned tax money to pay your exec's. If the government gives you more like you requested yesterday it will be a sad day for America.

yep. they lie, they are awful.

I am wondering has anyone been successful on a loan mod. Because GMAC is the worst!!

I applied for a loan modification with GMAC in February 2009. (for our second mortgage) I called every week to get status and all they could say is that it is "Still in review." Well on October 7th I called and was told that my request was denied on 10/1, by the Servicer.

I never got any notice of the decline. In the 8 months, the "Negotiator" assigned to our case never returned any of my phone calls or sent me any type of notice. Her answering message says that she will return all calls witin 72 hours. (I waited 8 months and never got a call back) The Rep.

that I spoke with last week suggested that I re-apply asap. I have begun the process all over again.

I can't beleive that they took 8 months to decline and now I have to start all over. A NIGHTMARE INDEED!!

I've gotten the same run-around. It's beyond proposterous!

View more comments

GMAC Mortgage - Homecomings finc has had my loans missed up

i have to loan's with homecoming financial,i did a modification on my loan's the first of the year.In April they sent me paper's for another modification,only on my big loan,no one their can tell me why these other paper's were sent to me .I Have asked for someone their to call me back for the last mounth.I talked to a man name Gary the first of the mounth me told me to send the regulary amount and homecoming's sent the check back.My next thing is to get a lawyer.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Apr 29, 2009.

GMAC Mortgage - Homecoming took entire payments as additional interest because we were one month ahead

Because we were paid a month ahead, Homecoming took $131 of a $139 payment as additional interest. This never appeared on our monthly statements nor can they tell us where the remainder of the payment is.

We have been charged nearly $5000 in additional interest payments, payments applied to interest, unchanging principal balances and still unable to get any explanation from them. Now they have stopped including these additional interest payments on Payment History Reports, and has never included them on 1098 statements. How can these crooks be stopped?

We continue to get the same explanation, we don't understand simple interest. What I don't understand is how these crooks are allowed to continue to rip off consumers who had no control over their mortgages being sold.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Mar 16, 2009.

GMAC Mortgage - GMAC wronful report of one 30 day late

I decided to go on line switch payment method and add my checking account. I made pmt one day after due date.

In Dec a rep called said my Nov pmt was late. Not true. In processing pmt the finacial inst. failed to put 3 zeros in front of my checking account which caused it to come back invalid.

They reported me late to credit bureau, yet told me they would try to expunge. NOW it is not off nor will they even do it claiming I was truly late and my fault aand they have no one in GMAC at all I can speak to who will fix this!

HELP! I disputed it on my report but it is coming back verified!

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Mar 10, 2009.

Comments

It's sad to say because I work at General Motor's Headquarters, but GMAC's dispute process is 100% BS. I've seen GMAC and the dealership have disputes regarding money, but it's the consumer who is caught in the middle and will suffer the consequence.

GMAC will indeed correct the problem on their end, but will NOT correct any credit reports.

In fact, GMAC is very good at "NOT DOCUMENTING" these corrections, therefore, there's no audit trail to show they goofed. Good luck dealing with GMAC correcting your credit report for an alleged 30-day late.

Hi,

I'm a rep at gmac, about over 30days past late on accounts we are going to need a valid dispute for that. Im not sure what online service you're pertaining to..would that be the gmac website or a billpay service?"processing pmt the finacial inst.

failed to put 3 zeros in front of my checking account"?do you mean GMAC or a billpay service? On the first part you said you decided to go online and add checking account...Please call gmac csc and you can ask for quality assurance perhaps they can check if we have a good dispute for the over 30days late on your credit.

If this was gmac's error then it can be corrected on your credit but if a 3rd party financial institution is involve then you may need to get a document from that bank to plce a note on the report that its not your fault. That way it may lessen the blow.Hope this helps..

GMAC Mortgage - No reafirm by gmac mortage

i did bankruptcy 3 years ago and gmac would not reafirm on the loan it was charged off they have insurence to cover this trying to rectify the loan for 3 years now and they will not return calls. all payments are on time will refi but want to charge me a large fee to do

wanting to do a interset rate ruduction on it and they want to send me to homecomings financial which im finding out is even worse place to be than gmac

gmac was paid off by ins. on my account and are still getting paid by me for the original amount and not giving me the credit what a scam be nice if we couuld all get a deal like this

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Mar 05, 2009.